- Mission & Vision
- New to Nar-Anon
- Nar-Anon Websites
- Nar-Anon Forum
- Principles of Nar-Anon
- Member Services
- Board of Trustees
- Newsletter - Serenity Connection
- Service Literature
- World Service Committees
- World Service Conference
World Pool Committee
WE NEED YOU!
A Conference Facilitator is needed for the 2014 World Service Conference (WSC 2014). Have you completed four years of active service in Nar-Anon and attended at least one WSC? You could qualify for the conference facilitator position. All conference expenses will be paid, including travel.
The following qualifications should not be viewed as a list of absolute requirements, but rather as an expression of the qualities and experience that will be helpful in presiding over the WSC:
- A demonstrated ability to preside over business meetings
- A working knowledge of WSC Standing Rules of Order
- A working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and parliamentary procedures
- A working knowledge of Nar-Anon’s Twelve Steps, Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts of Service
- Familiarity with the Nar-Anon service structure
- Familiarity with the Guide to Local Services and Guide to World Services, and
- Strong organizational skills.
As the conference facilitator, you would have the following responsibilities:
- Preside over the World Service Conference
- Be able to attend the World Service Conference over a five day period. Travel days may add an additional day or two.
- Attend meetings via internet conferencing with the Board of Trustees or World Service Conference Committee, as needed.
For complete information about the conference facilitator position, go to www.nar-anon.org.
Interactive Word application forms are available from the World Pool Committee at email@example.com
raphic Artist Needed
We need your graphic design skills for our new study guide: “The Nar-Anon 36: 12 Steps, 12 Traditions, and 12 Concepts”
If you have an idea on how the book cover might look, the Literature Committee wants to hear from you. If graphic design is your profession or hobby, we need your help with this and other projects.
Pick up your pencil and give back to the fellowship. Service comes in many forms! Contact the Literature Committee at LitCom@nar-anon.org
Resource Development Committee
The Resource Development Committee is conducting a poll on possible future initiatives. Many groups have inquired about having different items available to purchase from WSO.
In order for us to be successful in planning, we need you to help out by completing the survey on the WSO website at www.nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/RDC_Survey.html no later than December 31, 2012.
The new Outreach Information Folder, with WSC 2012 updates is now available for purchase from the WSO website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also outreach packet has been revised and now includes 100 each of:
- To the Concerned Family and Friend
- Open Letter
- Twenty Questions
- Information for Treatment Facilities
- Nar-Anon Offers Hope
The World Service Outreach Committee is in need of volunteers. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please email email@example.com for more information. You can make a difference!
New Nar-Anon Literature
Dropped by the WSO website lately? Have you seen the NEW Literature available from WSO? Here it is!
- Nar-Anon Family Groups’ Guide to Local Services: information for the group; download for FREE
- Appropriate Sharing & Crosstalk: promoting healthy communications at meetings
- Slogans Bookmark
- Questions on Sponsorship: suggestions for the sponsorship relationship
- Journal - Progress Not Perfection: for your reflections
- Three Poster Set: Steps, Traditions, Concepts
- Outreach Poster: 2’ x 3’
Go to: www.nar-anon.org/Nar-Anon/Literature.html
What Worked for You?
The newsletter committee would like to introduce you to our new section – What Worked For You? Have you ever wondered how to handle an issue that your group is struggling with?
How about emailing a brief description of your problem to the newsletter committee. We will post it in the next edition and ask the fellowship to offer solutions that your group may not have thought of.
Please keep in mind this will not be a way of giving advice, but an opportunity for us to share our experience, strength, and hope.
Remember our principle of anonymity: no names and no locations, only the brief details of your situation. Together we can work toward a solution.
This Issue's Question:
My group uses non-CAL literature. How do I explain to the group that outside literature makes me uncomfortable and why we should not use it?
Please email your responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for solutions in the December newsletter!